Three Brampton men have been slapped with nearly 100 charges after police took down an alleged crime ring stealing and re-selling cargo across Southern Ontario.
Peel Regional Police said Wednesday (October 27) that they began investigating an organized crime group back in April after a series of tractor trailer and load thefts.
It is believed the suspects were using the stolen vehicles to pilfer loaded cargo trailers containing goods and appliances from commercial properties across Peel and the Greater Toronto Area.
Police say the accused would then stash the stolen items at storage facilities until the ill-gotten goods could be sold to purchasers like food markets, liquidators and dollar stores where unsuspecting customers would purchase the items.
Police say they recovered approximately $4 million in valuables during the investigation, including 20 stolen cargo loads, tractors and trailers.
On Wednesday, three Brampton men were arrested and charged in connection to the thefts after police executed search warrants at several residences in Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga and Brampton.
Dharwant Gill, 39, of Brampton is charged with:
- 22 counts of Possession of Stolen Property
- 20 counts of Possession of Stolen Property for the Purpose of Trafficking
Ravneet Brar, 25, of Brampton is charged with:
- 23 couns of Possession of Stolen Property
- 21 counts of Possession of Stolen Property for the Purpose of Trafficking
Devesh Pal, 23, of Brampton is charged with:
- 7 counts of Possession of Stolen Property
- 2 counts of Possession of Stolen Property for the Purpose of Trafficking