New opportunities await you in Alberta. We have welcoming communities, vibrant cities, and breathtaking natural landscapes. Thousands of job openings means there are exciting career opportunities in a wide range of sectors where you’ll benefit from the highest median wages and lowest taxes in the country. Coupled with affordable housing, you’ll have more money in your pocket to enjoy your new life in Alberta.
Documents you need:
Before you move to Alberta, you will need to gather your important documents to bring with you. These documents may be needed by employers, provincial regulators, schools, and credential assessment agencies. Having them ready will save you time and money.
- Government-issued identification for everyone in your household
- Proof of citizenship or landed immigrant status
- Work reference letters
- School/university transcripts
Finding jobs is easy:
- Alberta has high demand in a wide range of sectors, including energy, tech, finance, agriculture, healthcare, skilled trades and more.
- Get help looking for a job, drafting your resume and preparing for an interview with job search tools.
- Search thousands of job listings and sign up for alerts to find the right opportunity for you using the Alberta Job Board and the Canada Job Bank.
Buying homes is even easier
From condominiums and townhouses (or row houses) to single family homes (or detached houses), Alberta has many different types of housing at a wide range of prices.
Alberta has some of the lowest housing prices and rental costs among Canadian urban centres. On average, you’ll spend a significantly smaller portion of your income on home ownerships costs compared to the Canadian average.
- You can buy a home in Alberta by contacting a realtor or through a private sale.
- A land title search is an important step in the home buying process.
- Learn more about buying a house or condo.